Spring give-away is here!! I’m giving away autographed copies of my newly published novella, Labyrinth: Heart of Stone. Leave a COMMENT below to enter!! Entries accepted now through March 31st, when I will pick a winner. You can also enter at the following:
I am happy and honored to share the latest review for one of my children’s books, The Puzzle of the Two-Headed Dragon. Below is my favorite snippet from reviewer Aimee Ann:
“The Puzzle of the Two-Headed Dragon is one of the most well-developed children’s stories I have ever come across, and so I am so happy I have discovered this book because books with such a high quality such as this one are rare to come by!”
What high and humbling praise!
Feel free to read the full review here:
Thanks very much to Ms. Aimee for taking the time to read, so thoroughly enjoy, and review my work.
God bless, happy reading, and may you all be inspired!
Hullo, Dear Readers!
Just wanted to give y’all an update on my latest upcoming publications. Thanks to the help of the lovely Laura Shinn, I will FINALLY be publishing ebook versions of the following titles, starting in the next couple of months! This will also allow me to start doing Goodreads give-aways for Kindle ebooks. All of the below titles are currently published as paperback prints, with the exception of Demon Queen, my newest Legend of Zelda fanfic, which will, of course, be available only as a FREE download, just like Silent Hero. I mean, I’m not trying to get sued by Nintendo lol, just spreading my love for Zelda and sharing that love with my fellow Zelda fans.
I also want to update everyone by letting y’all know that I’ll be closing http://authorchristineschulze.com down as soon as I get everything I need transferred over here. I want to have all of my info organized on one site, along with my blog, to keep things organized for all my readers, friends, and fans.
Thanks so much for your support, and be on the lookout for my ebook releases, starting in the next couple of months!
I’m going to be changing my monthly give-aways on Instagram and Facebook to quarterly give-aways. The reason for doing so is several-fold:
1. To be able to focus more of my time and resources into creating more quality books and connect with more readers.
2. To create better-quality give-aways; I think it’s better to host four bigger give-aways a year that folks really get into, than to do one every month because I feel like I *have* to.
3. To be able to focus more on digital give-aways; I LOVE print give-aways, but digital will allow me to budget better and reach more new readers.
The give-aways will run each March, June, September, and December.
These give-aways will still run @christinee.schulze and @fadbooks on Instagram, as well as on my Facebook page, Christine E. Schulze. I will also start hosting them here on my blog.
Thanks so much, dear readers!!
Some of you may be familiar with my quarterly newsletter, The FADBooks Review. Some of you may even be subscribers. I am writing this post to announce that as of right now, The FADBooks Review will be no more. Between work, writing, and life, I’ve never had time to keep up with it properly, and it simply isn’t a priority right now. Rather than continuing to send painfully late and uninspired newsletters, I’m giving it the ax, at least for now. Who knows? Perchance it will make sense for me to revive it later on down the road.
However, I WILL be keeping my quarterly give-aways, this time by posting them here on my blog. Give-aways will be posted on or around Dec 21st, March 21st, June 21st, and Sep 21st and will run for the full quarter. Readers can just leave a comment on the give-away post to enter to win!
More good stuff coming up: I just published the special illustrated edition of my interracial fairy tale novella, One Starry Knight. I’ll be showing it off tomorrow as I sign books at Lebanon, Illinois’ annual May Market–while cosplaying my character Evren, of course. Stay tuned for pics from the event!
On that note, God bless, happy reading, and may you all be inspired!
~ Christine E. Schulze
This morning at midnight (Dec 30, 2015) marked the grand release of One Starry Knight! The book will be available in paperback at online stores like Amazon and Barnes and Noble, though of course, I will eventually release an ebook version as well.
I want to take a moment to share with you why this book is so important to me. I haven’t started let alone completed a project quite like this in some time, and it is special to me for a number of reasons:
1. It’s the first romance inspired by someone in my personal life that I have completed since high school. I have started many since then, but finished none. But I completed a first draft of this one in about a span of only two weeks. The majority of it rushed to me in one fell swoop. When God inspires, God inspires. This also serves as a compliment to the person who inspired the book, for what an impact they made in my life in such a short time to allow me to craft such a book as this so quickly yet completely.
2. It’s a great fantasy romance, yes. But early on, I knew I wanted it to be more than that. Because the person who inspired it has such a depth to them that I thought it was only fitting this story did as well. Hence, more than simply being a fantasy romance with splashes of adventure and mystery, it is also a story of forgiveness, friendship, the close bond between brothers, and spiritual rebirth.
3. It’s a story which features an interracial couple. Those who know me well enough know by now that one of my big focuses in my books, whether for lil kids or young adults, is diversity, from racial diversity to including folks with disabilities.
4. This is possibly the greatest work I have written to date, and no, I don’t say that out of vanity. As mentioned before, the story seemed to come to me in a single breath, but the short span in which it was written in no way diminishes its quality. I have learned much with my editor, Kira Lerner, over the years, and while I did not use her for this project, I did implement much I have learned from her in its creation. The writing is some of my best; it’s one of those books I read as if standing outside myself and think, “Hmm, I really wrote this?” But like I said, when God inspires, He inspires. Sometimes there’s no further explanation than that.
I suppose that about sums it up. I could go on and on about this book for hours, but that would involve boring y’all to death and probably giving away every last spoiler. I recommend you just read it for yourself. Go pick up a copy on one of the websites I mentioned. Or, starting on January 2, try your luck at winning one of the twenty-four copies I have available in my give-away at Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/168182-one-starry-knight
Thanks so much for your support, and God bless you all, dear readers, with a happy and healthy New Year!!
~ Christine E. Schulze