I am so totally supposed to be doing edits for one of my books right now. I so totally don’t feel like it and am gonna so totally keep stalling by trolling Facebook and posting this lovely blog post for y’all.
I am sure many of you are aware of the recent hype that there is gonna be a live action version of “Beauty and the Beast” starring Emma Watson as well as a live action version of “The Little Mermaid” starring Chloe Moretz. Both these girls are favorite actresses of mine and secret (well, not after I publish this) girl crushes. I absolutely adore them.
So I decided I was inspired to whip up a quick post honoring all of my favorite actors and actresses that I would love to see star in a film made after one of my books, if such a film was ever made. I think meeting and/or working with any of these lovely, talented folks would be a real treat.
Here they are:
- Elijah Wood. I fell in love with his adorable rosy face from the moment he was Frodo. Of course, I was already in love with Frodo from story-travelling into the Lord of the Rings books (I had quite the imaginative, adventurous childhood). Frodo was my first husband that really mattered, after Darkwing Duck. He is still my favorite and probably always will be (shh…don’t tell Draco or James from Pokemon or any of the others). Striking eyes + eternal boyish innocence = eternal heartthrob.
- Emma Watson. I mean, do I need to say more? She is Emma Watson. Smart, talented, pretty and cute, and with eyes that could kill–in a mischievously seductive good way.
- Chloe Moretz. From Carrie to Let Me In to every creepy or non-creepy thing in between, she is a kick-ass actress and absolutely gorgeous besides. Those lips. Ugh.
- Saoirse Ronan. Everything I have ever seen her in are amongst my favorite films. Always with fantastical elements and a deep message at their core. I love the innocence and realness she brings to her characters. If you haven’t, you should definitely check out the following coming-of-age fantasy/dystopian films starring this talented lady: Byzantium, How I Live Now (warning: YOU WILL CRY SO MUCH), and The Host. Like Emma, her gaze is striking, but in a pure, sees-down-to-your-soul type of way.
- Tom Felton. Because Draco Malfoy. That’s pretty much all I need to say.
- Alan Rickman because he is some kind of magical acting genius.
- Elle Fanning. Look at her. Just LOOK. AT. HER. Too damn adorable. You just feel this insatiable need to cuddle her to death.
- Like, the entire cast of Game of Thrones.
- But since #8 is probably an unrealistic expectation, at least Emilia Clarke, Kit Harrington, Peter Dinklage, Nathalie Emmanuel, and Jacob Anderson. If I need to tell you why, you have lived under a box the past few years. A sad, moldy, dilapidated box. These people are all beautiful, I would date each and every one, and their characters and how they portray them are amazing.
- Gerard Butler. Because The Phantom of the Opera was the first movie in which I literally had a breakdown and sobbed so hard my mom thought I might need to be taken to the hospital. Well done, Mr. Butler. Well done, indeed (he was also one of my husbands, after the late Mr. Frodo).
- Liv Tyler. Because everything that is Arwen.
There may indeed be others, but these are the favorites that come immediately to mind.
What are your own favorite actors and actresses? Who would you love to work with, if you could? Feel free to comment in the comments.